This fantastic FULLCOLOUR book is written by Adam Owen Ph.D (UEFA Professional Coaching Licence and Ph.D in Sport and Exercise Science) who is the Sport Science & Fitness Coach for the Wales National Team and a Research Science Consultant at SL Benfica. Assistant author Alexandre Dellal Ph.D is the Head of Physical Preparation at OGC Nice and a leading researcher in the world of football science.
The primary aim of this book set is to help you make use of the modern coaching methods and football science principles and educate coaches working with players of all ages and levels. This book will help you increase the efficiency of all your training sessions and ensure that key components of the game (technical, tactical, physical and physiological) are being developed in conjunction with each other, rather than in isolation, which is fundamental to the development of football players.
In book 1 we focus on:
- The Distance and Intensity of Running
- Physiological Demands of Football
- Injuries and Prevention Techniques
- Speed & Agility Training Drills
- Warm Up Drills and Injury Prevention
- Strength and Conditioning Exercises
- Training Load Management: Reducing the Risk of Injury
In book 2 we focus on:
- Seasonal Football Training and Practices
- The benefits of Small Sided Games
- Small Sided Games: Training Drills
- Transition Games
- (30 Practices) for coaches to implement into their training sessions