This FULL COLOUR book is an exclusive and groundbreaking study of Pep Guardiola’s Barcelona team.
This information and analysis of one of the most successful club sides in history has been in high demand and it is finally here!
The attacking play of Barcelona is admired by every coach, player and fan in the world. Here is the chance to learn to play and coach the ‘Barca way.’
We now have a full analysis of Barcelona’s tactics which have been so important to their success. The attacking and defending books show Barca’s 4-3-3 system of play, each player’s responsibilities, positioning and movement within every possible attacking and defensive phase of play.
Terzis Athanasios is a Tactical Professor of Football and has compiled an extensive assessment of Barcelona’s attacking play after over 1000 hours of studying all the games from the 2010-11 season. Guardiola’s team has won 3 La Liga championships, 2 UEFA Champions Leagues, 4 Spanish Cups, 2 Super Cups, and 2 FIFA World Club World Cups.
The book starts with the characteristics of the players and the philosophy of Barcelona and builds into a comprehensive overview of the offensive tactics employed with clear diagrams and detailed descriptions.
Included in the Attacking book:
- Attacking against opposition pressing in the 1st stage
- Attacking in the 2nd and 3rd stage on the right and left hand side
- Maintaining possession
- Awareness and decision making
- Retaining balance
- Transition Play
- Build-up and combination play
- Movement of runs and creating space
Included in the Defending book:
- Strategies used to counter specific formations (the 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-2-1, 5-3-2 and the 4-3-2-1).
- Assessments of specific phases of play (central zone, near the side-lines and set plays).
- Pressure, cover and support from front, middle and defensive zones
- Preventing and limiting opposition space
- Defending from set-pieces
This gives football coaches an unbelievable chance to learn how Barcelona play and employ their tactics to maintain possession, create chances, score goals and adapt their tactics to combat any team they play. Their defensive work is so important to their success and allows them to be such a strong attacking force. Barcelona is by far the best attacking team of the modern era and now you can see how and why this is the case.