This fantastic FULL COLOUR book is a comprehensive resource for coaching the 3-5-2 formation at all levels. The level of detail and tactical solutions included will help you emulate how top coaches, such as Antonio Conte (inter) and Nuno Espírito Santo (Wolverhampton Wanderers), use the 3-5-2 to great success.
The 3-5-2 formation has been deemed by many to be a defensive system, but this is not the case. A system of play is not universally attacking or defensive - it is the interpretation of the coach that determines the characteristics of the team's play.
This book outlines the 3-5-2 formation as an expansive possession based system, which focuses on playing through the lines of the opposition and utilises the wing backs as an attacking outlet in wide areas.
This will enable you to:
- Optimise your team’s tactical awareness and performance
- Counteract the opponent’s positioning, organisation and decision making
- Coordinate and solve specific game situations in a flexible way
- Train these patterns of play repetitively, so that the players' reading of the game becomes automatic
This book includes:
- Tactical Strengths and Weaknesses of the 3-5-2 Formation
- 3-5-2 Tactics Against Different Formations (4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3, 4-3-1-2, 3-5-2 and 3-4-3)
- Overcoming the First Line of Pressing (Build-up Play from the Back)
- Moving the Ball in Between the Opposition's Midfield and Defensive Lines
- Playing in Behind the Opposition's Defensive Line
- Defensive Organisation and Pressing
- Organisation of the Defensive Line
- 41 Practices and Variations to Apply Tactical Solutions with the 3-5-2